These instructions outline what is needed to complete an application and the general process.
- A completed form and photos must be received for your application to be considered.
- PHOTOS: Photos are required with your application and should be uploaded into our DropBox
account. We do not accept photos via email or messenger. A minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 photos showing the type of handmade items you will be displaying at the show along with 1-2 booth/table/display/set up photos . You will find the DropBox upload link on the confirmation page and in the email sent to you after you submit the application form.
- If you wish to share a space with another artisan, both artisans must apply and be accepted. Shared spaces are permitted only when both participants have applied and been accepted to the show individually. Only two exhibitors/artists may apply to share a single space. There is an additional $30 sharing fee for shared spaces. In the case of a shared space we will invoice each exhibitor for one half the cost of the space. Space is not confirmed for either exhibitor until the full booth fee has been paid.
- Once accepted to the show: If you need to cancel, contact us as soon as possible. Fee is only refundable according to the following criteria:
- Cancellation prior to September 1st – refund available minus $30 administration fee only if you have not received any promotion/marketing highlighting your business and attendance at the show.
- Cancellation from September 1st – September 30th – a refund minus a $60 administration fee only if you have not received any promotion/marketing highlighting your business and attendance at the show.
- Cancellation after October 1st – no refunds will be provided.
- If we have already promoted your business in any print or electronic media no refund will be provided. You can still claim the fee paid as an advertising expense so retain your receipt for tax purposes.
- PAYMENT INFO:
- Once successful applicants are offered a space, a deposit is required to accept and hold their space. The remaining balance will be payable in due course prior to the show, an invoice will be sent.
- Payment can be made via eTransfer or credit/debit card only. Cheques are no longer accepted.
Show rules are listed here: http://nsartcrafthow.ca/ufaqs/vendor-artisan-agreement/
Who May Apply
Applications are open to Nova Scotian artists, crafts people, authors, bakers/confectioners, etc., who produce handmade art and craft.
- All merchandise in the Show must be hand‐crafted and offered in finished form. Kits, supplies and buy/sell resale merchandise is not permitted.
- MLM and other distributor type products and services are not permitted.
The word “jury” is commonly used in regard to a professional show such as ours. However the term ‘curate’ is more descriptive of the process. We are not “judging” makers, we are simply selecting the makers whose items are the best fit for our show – those who will have the best chance of success with the shopper demographic we attract.
We limit the number of exhibitors per category; and our makers do not have to compete with imported and mass-produced items as we only accept handmade products. We strive to maintain a high level of quality and variety in those items offered at the show, thus ensuring we do not saturate the show with any one type of craft. This creates an optimal selling environment for our artists and the best shopping experience for our shoppers.
It is our goal to promote and support Nova Scotia makers, everything we do is with that goal in mind.
Nova Scotia makers receive first preference however, we reserve the right to admit up to 20% out of province makers if space is not filled initially by Nova Scotia makers.