Who Should Apply
Applications are open to Nova Scotian artists, crafts people, authors, bakers/confectioners, etc., who produce handmade art and craft.
- Handmade means made by the applicant and may include the use of appropriate tools, including modern tools and methods of crafting.
- We do not accept items that have been purchases elsewhere for resale, even if those items are considered to be made by hand. Our show is designed to promote and assist local artists and craft makers.
- All merchandise in the Show must be hand‐crafted and offered in finished form. Manufactured kits, supplies and other resale merchandise is not permitted.
- Food items – baked goods, cookies, candy, etc, must be packaged as intended for take home consumption, not for sit-down meals at the event.
- MLM and other distributor type products and services are not permitted.
The word “jury” is commonly used in regard to a professional show such as ours. However the term ‘curate’ is more descriptive of the process. We are not “judging” makers, we are simply selecting the makers whose items are the best fit for our show – those who will have the best chance of success with the shopper demographic we attract. We limit the number of makers per category; and our makers do not have to compete with imported and mass‐produced items as we only accept handmade products. We strive to maintain a high level of quality and variety in those items offered at the show, thus ensuring we do not saturate the show with any one type of craft. This creates an optimal selling environment for our artists and the best shopping experience for our shoppers.
It is our goal to promote and support Nova Scotia makers, everything we do is with that goal in mind.
The Nova Scotia Art and Craft Show Society reserves the right to accept or reject applications at its discretion to balance the style and content of the event for the benefit of all who attend. We reserve the right to permit up to 20% of out of province makers if space allows after consideration of all Nova Scotia applicants who will be given first preference.