The information provided here is what you are agreeing to when you apply or our show, it is a legally binding agreement therefore it is important that you read the following carefully. Please reach out if you have any questions or need clarification.
Agreement and Show Rules
A: Application Details
- An electronically submitted application is considered a signed, legally binding agreement.
- Applications will not be considered unless accompanied by photographs detailing your work.
- Payment for Exhibitor’s space must made in full by the date specified upon notification of acceptance. Your space is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
- Once accepted to the show: If you need to cancel, contact us as soon as possible. Fee is only refundable according to the following criteria:
- Cancellation prior to September 1st – refund available minus $30 administration fee only if you have not received any promotion/marketing highlighting your business and attendance at the show.
- Cancellation after September 1st – a refund minus a $60 administration fee only if you have not received any promotion/marketing highlighting your business and attendance at the show.
- Cancellation after October 1st – no refunds will be provided.
- If we have already promoted your business in any print or electronic media no refund will be provided. You can still claim the fee paid as an advertising expense so retain your receipt for tax purposes.
- If the balance is not paid by the specified due date, your reserved space may be forfeited, leading to the loss of your full deposit.
- There are no refunds on shared booths.
- In the event of show cancellation caused by circumstances beyond our control – where we are unable to receive a refund for show expenses already incurred – no refunds will be provided to exhibitors. If we are able to secure any refund for expenses already incurred we will refund that portion to our exhibitors. In either case, if the show cannot proceed we will provide additional online marketing/advertising and promotion for all vendors in place of a physical show.
B: Booth Details
- Booths are 10 feet wide by 8 feet deep. Space includes 1 table and 2 chairs, free WiFi, online promotion and marketing, and exhibitor listing on our website and/or social media accounts providing ongoing advertising after the show.
- Booths are not fully piped and draped. Middle rows will have a white drape wall at the back, but no side drapes. Spaces will be marked on the floor. Perimeter booths will not have pipe and drape as they have an actual wall behind them (or a window if at the front of the room), spaces will be marked on the floor.
- An electrical outlet will be provided for those requiring one at no additional change. However as not all spaces can plug into electricity it is reserved only for those who truly need it to operate their booth. This option must be selected at time of application. Vendor must bring their own extension cords/power strips.
- One (1) six foot table IS included in cost of booth. Vendor may bring their own tables/stands. Additional tables are available for rent if needed. Tables must be reserved at time of application. No refunds will be made for table rental once we have placed the bulk order with our supplier. Tables are not covered, Vendor must provide their own table cover(s) that will reach the floor on all visible sides.
- Chairs are included in booth rental.
- All tables, stands, shelving etc that the exhibitor wishes to use in their booth must fit ENTIRELY within the space allocated and may not infringe or disrupt any other vendor in any way. You may not extend past your allocated space at all; the aisle is NOT additional space for your display. You must plan your space set up so that you can move in and around your booth without entering or blocking any neighbouring booth. Access to your space is your responsibility, you may not enter your space via your neighbours area. Therefore you should plan your display carefully as anything that does not fit within your space will not be permitted.
- Shared spaces are permitted only when both participants have applied and been accepted to the show individually. Only two exhibitors/artists may apply to share a single space. There is an additional $30 ($15 for each exhibitor) fee for shared spaces. In the case of a shared space we will invoice each exhibitor for one half the cost of the space. Space is not confirmed for either exhibitor until the full booth fee has been paid. Please read details here.
- Assignment of booth is prohibited: Exhibitors shall not share any portion of its exhibit space to any other entity, without the prior written consent of Show Management.
C: Set Up Details
- Spaces to be allocated by the organizers.
- Nothing is to be attached with hangers, nails, or anything which would damage the walls, floors, windows, or the other parts of the hall. All open flames, including lit candles, are prohibited at the Cedar Event Centre.
- Set up time will be available Thursday afternoon from 4pm – 8pm and Friday morning from 8am – 9:45am.
- Spaces are to be fully set up by 9.45 am on Friday of the show. Doors open at 10am to shoppers.
- Shopper hours: 10am – 5pm Friday and Saturday 10am – 4pm
- Displays are NOT to be dismantled before 4:01 PM on Saturday of the show.
- Vendors are responsible for clearing and cleaning up their area. If you leave a mess behind and we are changed a cleaning fee, this fee will be passed on to you.
- Exhibitor agrees they will MOVE THEIR VEHICLE away from doors as soon as they have unloaded in respect for other exhibitors.
D: Product Details
- All merchandise in the Show must be hand-crafted by the artisan (no used items, no resale items, no vintage etc).
- Exhibitors will be permitted to sell only those works which were approved by the curators. Any work exhibited which has not been approved by the curators shall be removed at the request of Show Management. Failure to remove any items not approved by show management will constitute unethical conduct on the part of the exhibitor and result in dismissal from the Show.
- APPROVALS FOR ADDITIONAL ITEMS WILL NOT BE MADE ON SHOW DAY OR WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE SHOW. Plan accordingly.
E: Waiver and Other Details
- Nova Scotia Art and Craft Show Society, its organizers and committees, and the venue do not assume any responsibility for your goods. Artists and Crafters who enter their work in the show and deliver it to the show venue do so at their own risk.
- Participants assume all risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of property damage or loss resulting thereof from participation.
- Participants are responsible for purchasing adequate insurance should they require it. No insurance will be provided by the Organizers.
- HEALTH RESTRICTIONS: Should there be any requirements at the time of the show – you acknowledge that in order to participate in the show you will abide by any such the requirements of the province and/or venue. Further you understand for the health and safety of all participants the NS Art & Craft Show will adhere to all restrictions or laws in place at that time where applicable.
- Management reserves the right to publish or otherwise utilize photos provided by exhibitors, posted publicly online, and photos taken during the show for advertising and promotional purposes at any time. Exhibitors have the opportunity to provide photos to us for promotional use, however, there is no guarantee any marketing will feature your photos. If we do not have access to suitable photos we can not include you in marketing efforts.
- Damage of any nature to the booth area, or property of the venue, promoter or other rental company employed to provide services is prohibited. Exhibitors will be held responsible for damage. Cost of damage or loss of items will be billed to the Exhibitor.
- All rights & privileges of an exhibitor shall not be infringed upon by any other exhibitor. Exhibitors with noisy devices, sound-producing movies, or displays which may prove objectionable to other exhibitors must agree to regulate those devices so as to abate objections. All structural work such as shelving, standards, display racks, signs, spotlights, etc., are subject to the approval of show management and may not extend past your allotted space.
- Any space not claimed and occupied or for which no special arrangement with show management has been made prior to one hour before the show opens to the public may be reassigned by Show management without obligation for any refund whatsoever. All booths MUST be completely set up by 9:45am FRIDAY. Cancellations must be made in writing or emailed prior to the show. Booth fees may be refundable according to the schedule listed above. We understand that there are many unforeseen circumstances that may arise last minute, however, as we spend all booth fees on marketing and advertising prior to the show we cannot make exceptions to this policy. If the show cannot proceed for any reason, as stated we will provide online marketing/advertising for all vendors in place of a physical show.
- Unethical conduct, or infraction of the rules on the part of the exhibitor or his or her representatives, will subject the exhibitor, his or her representative, or both to dismissal from the Show. Exhibitor Booth fees will not be refunded. This includes inappropriate behavior prior to or during the show, failing to respond to required correspondence; failure or refusal to complete the necessary pre check-in forms; refusal to return calls or communicate with management when required; failure to provide information necessary for management to finalize your booth reservation or confirm your attendance, failure to abide by the show rules; abusing (verbal or physical) show staff and volunteers.
- Any problems or disputes will be settled solely by the discretion of the Organizers.
The Nova Scotia Art and Craft Show Society reserves the right to accept or reject applications at its discretion to balance the style and content of the event for the benefit of all who attend. Our decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.